Thursday 9 August 2012

4 days of being good: But how long will it last?

 I have been quite good the last four days. Barring a small piece of parippu vada and bonda, I have managed to avoid fried food the last four days. I have managed to break my fasts with lots of fruits and water. After praying Maghrib I typically have a bread sandwich. My indulgence is my sugar free coffee and 4 salted cashews.

 But before anyone thinks I have got into the groove of weight loss, let me add that on *normal days* I am fine. *Normal days* are when I fry just one item for others in my house to break the fast and when I can keep myself from not eating that. It is when the dining table is creaking under the weight of bonda, samosas, vada, spring rolls, athishaya pathiri, egg curry, appams, stuffed parathas, etc ( three days last week.... aaargh) because we have guests over that I had a VERY HARD time avoiding them.

Except for one more iftaar party later next week, we don't have any other parties planned. These are out of town guests and they said they will confirm in the beginning of next week. Guess what, a selfish part of me hopes that  we don't have to host them, as it will mean throwing my careful eating out of gear.

So I do wonder how long is the good bout going to last?



No comments:

Post a Comment