Friday 6 July 2012

Hits and misses


So today was a long day. I exercised and felt so good after that But I did not have my dinner planned. So slipped up a bit there. But managed to keep things fairly controlled under the circumstances. But boy, even though I ate more than I should, I  feel hungry even as I write this. I am going to drink a bottle of water. NO MORE FOOD TONIGHT.


***********************************
Food and Exercise
Morning: 2 cups of coffee without sugar

Breakfast: puttu (steamed rice flour dough with coconut flakes) with egg curry, handful of grapes, ¼ pomegranate,  1 small plantain (njali poovan)

Lunch:  Salad with handful of grapes, ¼ pomegranate,  ½ pear, ¼ cucumber
4 tbsp matta rice, sambhar,  2 tbsp cherupayar (mung dal) thoran, 1 tbsp cherupayar ularthi, rasam

1 Coffee without sugar, 2 marie biscuits

Dinner:  2.25 kaipathiri ( roasted bread made with rice flour and coconut flakes), 1 omlette, 1 njalipoovan plantain and a handful of dry roasted unsalted peanuts


Exercise:
45 mins of Leslie sansone, 45 air cycling, 12 crunches
*********************************************

I came back later than usual in the evening and could not even have my coffee and marie biscuits until  7.15 pm in the evening. I was ravenous.

Lesson of the day: Try my best not to eat until I am famished. I find that portions that should satisfy me otherwise don't when I am extremely hungry and even after I have finished eating (the correct portion) a part of me says, "order pizza and chicken manchurian and fried rice and biriyani...." In the morning I did not even bother to measure the puttu since I was very hungry. Puttu is steamed in cylindrical contrainers, so comes out looking like a cylinder, I broke of a portion from it with a spoon, but did not measure it.  Today's experience also carries the lesson that even if you have the best of intentions, there will  still be difficult situations, what matters is your attitude. I am not going to let one dinner ruin my plans. Also, on the whole, today was pretty decent. I got my exercise and ate fruits and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment