Tuesday 3 July 2012

I refuse to give up



 I have started this blog after so many hits and misses in the past four years in my journey towards losing weight.I have always had a weight problem. I cannot remember a time when I have been at a weight I was happy. Hey, hey,  hold on, that is not true - I did lose significant amounts of weight in 2001-02 when I stayed in a hostel which served delicious but healthy meals. However, I gained all the weight I lost when I started living and eating on my own and had Nirula's on speed dial!

Some four years back I started yet again (maybe the 867th time in my life) and managed to lose around 10 kgs by last year to reach 74.3 kgs. However, some personal crises meant that I gained most of it back.

 I plan to document my eating habits and exercise schedule and my weight on this blog. I felt miserable today morning. My weight has been stuck at 80.00 - 81.00 the past two months. My problem is I go on binges for days together when I eat unhealthy stuff and then I go back to eating carefully. But I hasten to add that there is some good news. I lost inches from my chest and my waist. That was one of the bonuses of getting clothes made at the tailors. The tailor was going to stick with the measurements he had taken in March when I went to him in  late May, but I insisted that he measure again and to my happiness, he said I had lost inches from my chest, waist and seat and  again last saturday (30 June), he said I had lost more inches from my chest and my waist (but he said  I had gained around my seat - which is the butt I think)  when I went to him to get more Kurtas made (dang, in my excitement, I forgot to take a note of how much I lost and how much I had gained).

I have realised the following things:

My body is very prone to gaining weight.
 I am an all or nothing eater.
 I only stick to exercise regimen I like.
I have to exercise in the morning, otherwise I tend not to exercise
I have to plan my eats carefully
I should document what I ate religiously even when I binge


Today's weight 80.2 kgs
I am 36 years old.  My height is 158 cms My ideal weight is between 49 and 64 kgs according to some online ideal weight calculators. I am hoping to reach a goal of 60 kgs. Since I have had very little luck in getting the scale to move, i| am not going to set a date by which I should reach this goal. Been there, done that and been @#$\&%$. So, though I will track my weight loss (hopefully there will be weight loss),  I am not hung up on arriving at x weight by y date.

For the past two weeks, I have been exercising with Leslie Sansone's videos. Initially I relied on part1 and part 2 which is around 30 mins. Now I am hoping to do her 3 mile walk which takes around 45 mins. I hope to do 45 mins 6 days a week for a month and also keep my eats under control.

My eats on 2 July (yesterday) was as follows

2 dosas, sambhar, 1 piece of fried fish and 2 coffees (no sugar)

1.5 spoons of rice (I have to get proper measurements, not eyeball it, maybe use the tbs and tsps), fish curry and 2 fried fish and okra coconut masala curry
1 date

a trickle of the fried uzhunnu vada (literally, this was a trickle from my fingers)
one cup of coffee without sugar

papaya and apple salad, 10 salted cashew nuts, 2 tbspoons of chana masala

No comments:

Post a Comment