Saturday 28 July 2012

Okay day diet-wise

Last night despite all the whining and kickng myself, I went ahead and ate my nemesis - salted cashew nuts, at least 15 of them. Yeah... I can be crazy like that.  But hey, today I have been a good girl.  I ate carefully. I am not a fan of raw vegetables but still had them and managed to keep carb intake under control. I am really praying that this continues...

edayathazham/sehri: cucumber and carrot salad (~1 cup), 1/2 cup rice, pineapple moru koottan, Vanpayar (red beans) mezhukkupuratti (stir fried in oil), rasam, 1/4 glass mango shake

Nombu thura/Iftaar: 3 piece of bread toast, 1 cup of chick pea masala, 1/2 of a steamed kerala banana, 4 dates, 2 coffee without sugar

No fried stuff.  I think what worked in my favour was others ate non-fried stuff. It is when others are eating fried stuff and I am denying refusing to eat it, the eat-crazy inner demon stirs up and kicks up a fuss (like yesterday). One of the reasons why I eat toasted bread is because it is slightly crispy, giving me that pseudo-crunchy feeling when I pop it in my mouth. I have read countless articles that say you should eat fruits for iftaar. But I am a carbs girl. I need my carbs though I tell myself that I should split my carbs between iftaar and post-iftaar dinner and have more fruits at Iftaar along with a small side dish of carbs.  Tomorrow I will have papaya and small plantains. Today, the only fruits I had were citrus fruits, which is not recommended  for iftaar. Since the stomach is in has already secreted acid  apparently it is not good to eat citrus fruits when you break the fast. But I will have them later tonight for dinner.

I should also drink more water at Sehri.

dinner: I will eat 1/2 cup of citrus fruits.




No comments:

Post a Comment