Wednesday 18 July 2012

Squelching my naysayer and night time eating

Leslie sansone’s  45 mins 3 mile walk, 85 air cycling & 36 crunches
2 coffees w/o sugar
2 dosas, ~ 2 tbsp potato masala, ~1 tbsp sambhar,  ~1 tbsp tomato chutney
~3/4 cup cucumber and carrot salad, 4 small pieces of chicken sausages pan fried,  ~4tbsp matta rice~1 tbsp Padavalanga and parippu curry, ~1 tbsp cherupayar thoran,  2 small pieces of  curried chicken,~1 tsp garlic pickle
4 marie biscuits, one coffee w/o sugar, 1 tsp peanut butter
¼ of a small Papaya,  4 dates, 2 small pieces of curried chicken, small piece of chicken liver and 1 chapathi

In the evenings,  I eat more than I planned for. I did not plan on eating the dates or the Peanut  butter or the 4th marie biscuit or that piece of chicken liver but ended up eating them all. I used to have a bad case of night snacking and used to eat way too much carbs (4 appams with egg roast and a dessert for instance), so I consider this an improvement. We all want to turn over a new leaf in microseconds don’t we? But change is slow and progress incremental. I have still not found my measuring spoons, so all measurements are approximate.

Wt:  is 79.7 kgs .  It is that time of the month, so very likely my  body is retaining water.  I am so grateful that I do not suffer pains and aches during menstruation which prevents many women from being active . I have cramps, but they last only an hour or so and I have become used to it. But not surprisingly, the nay-sayer inside me wanted to skip exercise because of menstruation and I reached a deal with the naysayer - if I feel uncomfortable, I will stop. I did not feel uncomfortable and did not stop.  Another friend who is also on a weight loss mission told me that she refuses to listen to her body whenever the alarm goes off at 5.15 am and like a machine that is switched on, gets up and starts her day with her 45 min walk. I have a feeling I will not be a sporty person, but if I can build my will power to my friend’s level, I will be very happy

No comments:

Post a Comment