Tuesday 17 July 2012

Just another day

Leslie sansone’s  45 mins 3 mile walk, 80 air cycling & 36 crunches
1 coffee without sugar
2 dosas with sambhar,  ~1tbsp tomato chutney, ~1/2 cup sambhar
1 coffee w/o sugar
~1 cup fruit and veg salad, ~3/4 cup pasta with tuna
  1 cofee w/o  sugar,  1 bread roll sandwich

There are always challenges in  your path, right? I have misplaced my measuring spoons. I looked around for them but could not find them. Oh my trusted allies where are you? Annoyed with myself for misplacing them.

Wt: 79.4 kgs . I am addicted to the scale. I have been checking every single day the last two weeks.  In the weight loss community, this is not considered advisable. But boy, I am addicted, at least it is not a harmful addiction! Fortunately,  I am mostly not affected by the “paralysis by analysis” syndrome that Bryan Ganey talks about. When the scale “behaves unusually” I usually make a note of it and move on. But sometimes contemplation can help. I was eating a high sodium diet and despite not over-eating and exercising, the scale did not budge though I did lose inches. Some research on the net led me to the conclusion that salt and water retention may be the culprit here. Once I reduced my salt intake (and not even that much) I found that my scale had moved.
.
I did not want to exercise today but I knew that if I stopped bargaining with myself and just got on with exercising, then most likely I would stick to exercise. That is what I did. I just exercised without listening to the naysayers or the half-naysayers (that part of me which wanted to exercise only for 30 mins today).

No comments:

Post a Comment