Wednesday 11 July 2012

try try and try again till you succeed


Morning: 1 coffee without sugar, 1 cup papaya and 4 raisins

Exercise:  45 mins of leslie sansone 3 mile walk,
55 air cycling and 30 crunches

Breakfast: 1/3 cup noodles, ¾ cup poha,  ½ cup papaya, 1 coffee w/o sugar

Lunch: 1 cup noodles (with fried chicken), 2 tbsp rice, 4 tbsp fish thoran, ½ cup papaya

3 slices of cake (cut in biscotti style) and 1 murukku, 1 tsp semiya payasam

1 coffee w/o sugar, 3/4 pathiri with fish thoran

 dinner: ½ cup water melon, 1 cup daal, handful of roasted unsalted peanuts and10 raisins

I slipped up at lunch and tea. I had noodles with fried chicken.  I am still struggling with the “if you eat one, it is a licence to eat all” attitude where a bit of unhealthy food triggers more unhealthy eating.  I think I will incorporate shiva’s rule about cravings and wait till I lose 1.5 kilos before indulging in cravings. Also, when I do indulge in craving, I will do it in style, which means have my murukku/cake/samosa slowly with my coffee, savouring every bite, without chomping through it.

As Churchill (the colonial era British PM is not my fav of political personalities) said long ago, "try, try and try again till you succeed"

No comments:

Post a Comment