Tuesday 31 July 2012

that light feeling.....

Just broke my fast with a big bowl of fruits (pear, njali poovan plantain and watermelon), a piece of toast with peanut butter, small portion of chicken and cabbage sandwich filling.

Prayed Maghrib and then had 2 toasted sandwiches, a coffee, 1/4 glass of jeeraka kanji and wee bit of parippuvada.

Later tonight, I will have a cup of coffee and also cut up some veggies for idayathazham.

My stomach is singing. Ok, I am kidding. But I feel very light and so good. I hope to remember this when I have the urge to stuff myself with fried food. In the morning for Idayathazham, I had a wonderful erissery with pumpkin and red beans  and, small portion of moru koottan with 1/2 cup rice after eating raw carrot and cucumber.

I have lots of pear, so I will make it into a pear, cucumber and carrot salad. I have to confess that I do not look forward to eating veggies first thing in the morning, but I tell myself that it is something that I just have to do, there may be other benefits too, like better skin for instance. I also tell myself that having rice is a treat for having the veggies. Having rice as a treat - in a previous avatar moi would have balked at it. Treats meant sugar-laden or fried (or better still sugar laden and fried -gulab jamun or jalebi anyone?).

Eat light to feel light - I know that sounds corny, but it is true.  Now if only I will remember this when I am tempted to go an eating rampage.....

2 comments:

  1. Yay! exactly what I am doing this ramadan.once we fill ourselves with fruits,there is little room for those fried culprits,no? so what if you want to eat them,there is no space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true Shehnaz. As I said in my last post, I stuffed myself. But I hope not to fall off the careful eating bandwagon again.

    ReplyDelete